The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is in full bloom at Walt Disney World Resort, a sure sign that spring is upon us. The festival began yesterday, March 7 and continues through May 20, 2012. Featuring a colorful array of flowers, gardens, topiaries, live music, presentations and educational events, this festival is a highlight for all visitors, from gardening pros to novice naturists.
Throughout the festival, guests will be able to explore topiaries and gardens, learn planting, style and design techniques and groove to the sounds of the Epcot Flower Power concerts.
Highlights of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival include:
Topiaries – 2012 features several new displays, as well as some old favorites, with a total of more than 100. Here are the topiaries you don’t want to miss:
- Cars 2 characters include Lightning McQueen and Mater
- Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Beauty and the Beast
- Classic characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto and Goofy
Flower Power Concert Series – Groove to music from the 60s and 70s at the America Gardens Theatre. Performances are at 5:15pm, 6:30pm and 7:45pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
|The Guess Who|
- 3/09 - 3/11: Jose Feliciano
- 3/16 - 3/18: Starship starring Mickey Thomas
- 3/23 - 3/25: The Guess Who
- 3/30 - 4/01: The Spinners
- 4/06 - 4/08: Chubby Checkers and the Wildcats
- 4/13 - 4/15: Paul Revere & The Raiders
- 4/20 - 4/22: The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie
- 4/27 - 4/29: Chuck Negron, formerly of Three Dog Night
- 5/04 - 5/06: The Orchestra, starring Former Members of ELO
- 5/11 - 5/13: Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone
- 5/18 - 5/20: TBA
HGTV and DIY Stars Presentations – Get inspired by the stars of these networks. Learn to build a better garden with fascinating tips, tricks and techniques from talented HGTV and DIY Network designers and personalities. All presentations are at noon and 3pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Monday through Thursday other experts will present at these times.
- March 9 -11: John Gidding, (Curb Appeal: The Block)
- March 16 -18: Sabrina Soto, (The High/Low Project)
- March 23 - 25: Jason Cameron, (DIY Network's Desperate Landscapes and Man Cave)
- March 30 - April 1: Camille Styles, (HGTV.com Entertainment contributor)
- April 6 - 8: Dan Faires, (HGTV.com's DanMade, HGTV Design Star Season 5)
- April 13 - 15: Brandon Johnson, (host of HGTV's My Yard Goes Disney)
- April 20 - 22: Meg Caswell Hollady, (HGTV's Meg's Great Rooms)
- April 27 - 29: Monica Pedersen, (HGTV Dream Home Tour 2012 and Designed to Sell)
- May 4 - 6: Antonio Ballatore, (HGTV's The Antonio Treatment)
- May 11 - 13: Carter Oosterhouse, (HGTV's Million Dollar Rooms)
- May 18 - 20: Genevieve Gorder, (HGTV's Dear Genevieve and HGTV Design Star)
Don’t forget to make time for these special displays and programs:
- Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden: Explore the garden world of Pixie Hollow and find some of your favorite fairy characters presented in topiary. Interactive elements add to the fun.
- Bambi’s Butterfly House: Experience hundreds of native butterflies and see some of your favorite characters from the Disney film Bambi.
- The Festival Center - Guests can shop for festival merchandise, attend demonstrations and get ideas and tips from master gardeners and get gardening questions answered during Ask and Expert. The Greenhouse Stage will welcome experts from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays at the Festival Center. You can also get planting pointers from experts from 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on select days.
All of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival events, concerts and programs are included with Disney World tickets.